[DRBD-user] Dual primary mounted partitions not showing changes

dascione Danny at eonar.net
Wed Nov 4 14:27:28 CET 2009

I've been working at creating a highly available set of host servers for a
linux diskless boot cluster.  Each host machine is fitted with redundant
power supplies and two 1TB drives in a Raid-1 configuration.

When I first started this project they each had twin 160GB drives.  In my
original setup I had both nodes acting as primary systems so that I could
mount /dev/drbd0 to my /data directory and see changes immediately.  It had
worked in the past where I could make a file in /data on the first machine
and it would show up in the /data directory on the second machine.  One day
this had stopped working where if I made a file on the first machine it
would display on the second one until I unmounted /data and remounted it to
the /dev/drbd0 disk.  This is when I bought the new disks and decided to
start from scratch.

Below is my configuration file, sda8 is an 820GB partition which is used for
all of the data I want to replicate, currently populated with ~10GB of data.
Sda7 is my metadisk partition which is 500MB large clearly more than needed
by drbd.

Also you will notice "incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";" is commented out.  This is
because when I go to actually use it drbd throws an error when reloading the
configuration and I'm not sure why that is either.

resource r0 {
  protocol C;
  #incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";
  net {
    allow-two-primaries;
    after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
    after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
    after-sb-2pri disconnect;
  }
  startup {
    become-primary-on both;
  }
  disk {
    on-io-error detach;
  }
  syncer {
    rate 128M; # Note: 'M' is MegaBytes, not MegaBits
  }
  on dh1.domain.com {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda8;