[DRBD-user] Automatic recover dopd after split brain recover

Pedro Sousa pgsousa at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:46:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm testing split-brain in a master/slave scenario with dopd and have some
doubts about the automatic recovery procedure. The steps I took were:

1º Unplug the crossover cable

Master:

Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/Outdated

Slave:

StandAlone ro:Secondary/Unknown ds:Consistent/DUnknown

2º Plug the cable back on:

Both nodes remain with the same state: Update/Outdated and
Consistent/Unknown

My question is: shouldn't the slave rejoin/resync to the master
automatically after I plug the cable?

I have to manually  run: "drbdadm adjust all" to recover it.

My conf (centos 5.3; drbd 8.3.1; heartbeat 2.99)

/etc/drbd.conf

global
{
usage-count no;
}
common
{
syncer
{
rate 10M;
}
}
resource "r0"
{
handlers {
        outdate-peer "/usr/lib/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater -t 5";
    }

protocol C;
on ha1.teste.local
{
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/sdb1;
address 10.2.0.3:7789;
meta-disk internal;
}
on ha2.teste.local
{
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/sdb1;
address 10.2.0.4:7789;
meta-disk internal;
}
disk
{
on-io-error detach;
fencing resource-only;
}
net
{
after-sb-0pri discard-least-changes;
after-sb-1pri consensus;
after-sb-2pri disconnect;
max-buffers 2048;
ko-count 4;
}
syncer
{
rate 10M;
al-extents 257;
}
startup
{
wfc-timeout 90;
degr-wfc-timeout 60;
}
}

/etc/ha.d/ha.cf

debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility local0
keepalive 2
deadtime 15
initdead 120
mcast eth0 239.0.0.1 694 1 0
bcast eth1
udpport 694
auto_failback off
node ha1.teste.local
node ha2.teste.local
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/dopd
apiauth dopd gid=haclient uid=hacluster
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
ping 192.168.0.1

Thanks,
PGSousa