[DRBD-user] restart of both servers after network failure ??? (large)

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Sun May 10 23:41:51 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 05:38:06PM -0400, Victor Hugo dos Santos wrote:

[...]

> please read all posts subject
> "kernel crash when secondary disappears. centos 5.3 kernel-xen issue"
> (late april this year) for possible causes and work arounds.

Ok.. I read all posts (I only find 3 o 4 ??) and in special mails of
Simon Graham about this theme.
as far as I understand, there are two options:

1 - disable rx/tx checksum and sg for this interface.
what consequences or problems I should waiting ??

2 - change DRBD protocol from C to A.
but.. in this case (IMHO, more easy) I would can data lost.
in second scenario... I think that I should have one scheduled job of
verification in short period of time or no ?

others two questions:
1 - how I can test if this changes work fine ???
exist one method of make a system crash test ??

2 - what of options above is more recommendable ??

thanks

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399