[DRBD-user] Dual-primary mode

Justin Giorgi justin.giorgi at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:42:11 CEST 2009

I am putting together a cluster using DRBD for storage. I have read through
the docs and got confused on the note of Dual-primary mode and using a
shared cluster file system. The doc page says that dual-primary mode is the
preferred approach for for clusters which require concurrent data access
from two nodes. My cluster will require that two or more nodes access the
same partition but rarely (if ever) the same data concurrently. Do I need to
use dual-primary or is this just a suggestion. What are the pros and cons of
using dual-primary?

--
Sincerely,
Justin Giorgi