[DRBD-user] Please make it stop!

Ben Timby btimby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 00:29:51 CET 2009

Why do I have to opt out of this survey every time I do anything with drbd?

Other boxes after I type no once, it does not ask any more. This box
asks every time... Nagware to the extreme... See below, I type no
three times just to restart the service.

HELP!

--
# service drbd restart

		--== This is a new installation of DRBD ==--
Please take part in the global DRBD usage count at http://usage.drbd.org.

The counter works anonymously. It creates a random number to identify
your machine and sends that random number, along with
DRBD's version number, to usage.drbd.org.

The benefits for you are:
   how many users before you have installed this version (8.2.6).
 * With a high counter LINBIT has a strong motivation to
   continue funding DRBD's development.

http://usage.drbd.org/cgi-bin/insert_usage.pl?nu=13839278773118959279&git=ee3ad77563d2e87171a3da17cc002ddfd1677dbe

In case you want to participate but know that this machine is firewalled,
simply issue the query string with your favorite web browser or wget.
You can control all of this by setting 'usage-count' in your drbd.conf.

* You may enter a free form comment about your machine, that gets
  used on usage.drbd.org instead of the big random number.
* If you wish to opt out entirely, simply enter 'no'.
* To count this node without comment, just press [RETURN]
no
Restarting all DRBD resources

http://usage.drbd.org/cgi-bin/insert_usage.pl?nu=17472966606709353404&git=ee3ad77563d2e87171a3da17cc002ddfd1677dbe

http://usage.drbd.org/cgi-bin/insert_usage.pl?nu=14322689751890802821&git=ee3ad77563d2e87171a3da17cc002ddfd1677dbe