[DRBD-user] 3 way replication

Mark Olliver mark at thermeon.com
Fri Mar 20 06:24:29 CET 2009

Hi,

If i want to migrate my 2 node DRBD setup (standard primary/secondary)
to become a 3 node setup do i need to first unmount the live primary
disk or can i just make the changes needed in the drbd.conf then
drbdadm adjust as required / bring online the stacked resource.

Also i see it says we make the upper level primary two which makes
sense as it is the sync source but i take it that the lower level
primary is the one which we should still actually mount and write data
too?

Regards

Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons) MBCS CITP FCNSA,
Thermeon (Systems Admin)
Russ Hill Farm, Russ Hill, Charlwood, Surrey, RH6 0EL, UK
E. mark at thermeon.com
M. +44 79 20 062 647