[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.1rc1.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Mar 18 15:44:31 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 14:28:39 Bruno Voigt wrote:
> Hi Phil,
> reads like an overall great step forward regarding less administration
> overhead..
>
> Philipp Reisner wrote:
> > *) The udev rule provides you nice symlinks for the drbd device nodes:
> >
> >    /dev/drbd/by-res/foo-bar
>
> Will it be possible (in a future release?) to omit the device clause in
> the resource definition
> if the application will only use the symlinks and doesn't care for the
> actual minor device used?
> So that the using systems doesn't need to check for unallocated device
> numbers during new resource creation / resource move to another cluster
> system.

Actually we discussed that here at LINBIT already, we might do that
some when. BTW, you will likely end up with different minors on the
two ends of the resource. -> That will break NFS fail over, as long
as you do not set the fsid of NFS.

> > *) include statement:
> >    Although we have not yet changed the configuration examples, but now
> >    it is possible to have a drbd.conf that looks like this:
> >
> >    include "/etc/drbd.d/global_shared.conf"
> >    include "/etc/drbd.d/*.res"
>
> I just tried it by moving a resource definition to it's own file
> /etc/drbd.conf.d/win.conf
> which is included at the end of the /etc/drbd.conf via
> include "/etc/drbd.conf.d/*.conf";
> So the include statement is at the very same position the resource
> definition was before
> but upon drbdadm adjust all I get an error.
>
> ð ø:2: in resource win-disk:
>         protocol definition missing.
>
> Of course there is a common { protocol C; } definition before in the
> drbd.conf.
> Isn't the include a direct text replacement ?

Oops.
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=commitdiff;h=997387d334d2554f57f7c8d6599b4b571e318927;hp=f4b052773f1020d8a0d29009e2b9d8772a737493

Thanks for pointing it out!

-Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.