[DRBD-user] lvm on drbd or vice versa?

Ivars Strazdiņš ivars.strazdins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:57:03 CET 2009

Hi DRBD users,
I plan to deploy XEN virtual guests on top of DRBD.
all guides I could find, including DRBD docs state that for XEN virtual
machines typical configuration is to create drbd device on top of LVM
logical volume.
It is tempting to create LVM VG on top of DRBD device, because the
configuration looks simpler, no need to create a separate drbd device
for each LV.
Am I missing anything?
Sorry if this is some sort of FAQ, I am fairly new DRBD user.
Thanks for your time,
Ivars