[DRBD-user] Major issues with desynchronization

Mike Sweetser - Adhost mikesw at adhost.com
Fri Mar 13 19:47:25 CET 2009

Hello:

Last night, we switched over from the primary DRBD node to the secondary
node, with no errors, and both nodes showing up properly
(UpToDate/UpToDate) and Connected.  However, when this was done,
somehow, the data on the secondary node was out of date by several
weeks, which necessitated restoration from backup.

Is there any idea how something of this nature could have happened?  It
wasn't showing any split brain issues or issues with major
synchronization, but somehow one node ended up completely out of sync
with the other and we had no notification as to why.

Mike Sweetser