[DRBD-user] External metadata size

Maros Timko timkom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:01:05 CET 2009

Hi all,

I wonder why user documentation states how to estimate required DRBD
metadata size for external metadata:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/ch-internals.html#s-external-meta-data
when it is quite hardcoded value. At least example drbd.conf file still
includes this information (128MB for each DRBD resource).

I know, there was an explanation of the "real" size requirements couple of
months ago here, unfortunatelly I cannot find the post. It is probably
hidden under different subject. As far as I remember, the value was just
around couple of MB.
So did ahything chance with DRBD 8.3.0 regarding external metadata size
requirements?

Thanks.