[DRBD-user] fresh drbd setup on Ubuntu, a few issues

Steve Wray steve.wray at cwa.co.nz
Tue Mar 3 01:52:52 CET 2009

Hi there,

I'm currently setting up drbd/heartbeat on a pair of Ubuntu (Hardy) VMs
running under Xen 3.2

Heartbeat 2.1.3
DRBD 8.0.14

However, I get the first of these errors with or without heartbeat.

At boot time I see:

Mar  3 13:31:42 zimbra-ldap1 kernel: [    5.034943] drbd0: disk( Attaching
-> UpToDate )
Mar  3 13:31:42 zimbra-ldap1 kernel: [    5.034943] blkfront: sdb2: write
barrier op failed
Mar  3 13:31:42 zimbra-ldap1 kernel: [    5.034943] blkfront: sdb2:
barriers disabled
Mar  3 13:31:42 zimbra-ldap1 kernel: [    5.034943] end_request: I/O error,
dev sdb2, sector 0
Mar  3 13:31:42 zimbra-ldap1 kernel: [    5.034943] end_request: I/O error,
dev sdb2, sector 0
Mar  3 13:31:42 zimbra-ldap1 kernel: [    5.035288] drbd0: Barriers not
supported on meta data device - disabling

I don't get the I/O errors all the time, just at boot.

With heartbeat, I also see an error like this:

zimbra-ldap2 login: [  246.542836] drbd0: local disk flush failed with
status -95

on both nodes at the point where heartbeat kicks in and decides to mount
the drbd device on one of the nodes. The message appears on both nodes.

Can someone please let me know how worried I should be about these messages?

Thanks!!

--
Please remember that an email is just like a postcard; it is not
confidential nor private nor secure and can be read by many other people

If you need to send confidential information in an email you need to use
encryption. PGP is Pretty good for this.