[DRBD-user] Unresponsive Primary node

Maros Timko timkom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:27:40 CEST 2009

Hi Adam,

I have not heard anything like this so far. I would say it is
network-related issue. As heartbeat triggers failover only when you shutdown
your primary, it can still communicate using ICMP. Can you see warnings that
eth0 is inaccessible? Can you connect to the blocked primary using ssh via
eth1 from the standby? Are your processes accessing DRBD resources blocked?
Is there a promtp for shutdown but nothing related in log files? May be you
will identify something.

Try to look at linux-ha list for issues when running two heartbeat instances
on the same system. If anything will help, I would suggest to update to at
least:
DRBD 8.2.7 (although the latest is always advised)
heartbeat 2.1.4
With regards,

Tino