[DRBD-user] DRBD User's Guide 1.2.0rc1

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Fri Jun 26 10:32:39 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

A new version of the DRBD User's Guide is up at
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide. As this version has some major
additions to the previous release, I've decided to create a release
candidate this time, before declaring this an "official reference" --
everyone's feedback is requested and highly encouraged.

What's new is Chapter 8, "Integrating DRBD with Pacemaker clusters"
(http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-pacemaker.html). It
deals with the new drbd OCF resource agent we are about to release with
8.3.2, and how to use it in Pacemaker clusters using the CRM shell.
Please grab the 8.3.2rc2 tarball if you are willing to test this.

The entire Pacemaker chapter is currently marked as draft, and it is
still missing a few illustrations. The current plan is to have this
ready for prime time when DRBD 8.3.2 is released, or shortly thereafter.

Other changes in this version:
- Updated Red Hat Cluster Suite examples
- More info on OCFS2, legacy-style (without Pacemaker)
- Typo fixes, style fixes, the usual drill.

Thanks very much in advance to everyone who is to provide feedback and
suggestions -- they are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Florian