[DRBD-user] resize an drbd/lvm/xen

Rainer Sokoll rainer at sokoll.com
Mon Jun 15 17:28:31 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 05:21:49PM +0200, Heiko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have to grow one VM that is mirrored with drbd.
> We use LVM partitions for drbd.
>
> Will the following steps be enough?
>
> shutdown vm
> shutdown drbd devices
> lvresize on both servers
> connect drbd devices

I never did this, but there is a subcommand for drbdadm: resize.
>From the man page:

resize   Causes  DRBD  to re-examine all sizing constraints, and resize
       the resource's device  accordingly.  For  example  in case  you
       increased  the  size  of  your  backing storage devices (on both
       nodes of course), then DRBD will adopt to the new size after you
       called  this  command  on  one  of your nodes. Since new storage
       space must be synchronised this command only works if there  is
       at least one primary node present.

Rainer