[DRBD-user] [Iscsitarget-devel] Building a multipath setup with DRBD in Primary/Primary

Christopher Chen muffaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:38:46 CEST 2009

I have yet to test this setup, but my thinking with regard to
active/active mode would be:

While it feels better to run a machine in active/passive mode, I want
to set up mulitpath to handle the IO recovery. Because multipath has
to know about the paths beforehand to do a relatively quick failover,
the secondary host needs to export the LUNs before the failure
happens. Because DRBD in secondary mode prevents any read access, a
secondary machine can't export its LUNs, and multipath won't know
about the path.

I suppose running in active/passive mode with scripts to automate the
iSCSI rescanning process could work, but it wouldn't be automated.

Any thoughts?

--
Chris Chen <muffaleta at gmail.com>
"The fact that yours is better than anyone else's