[DRBD-user] Quick question

Christopher Grello chris at inetu.net
Mon Jun 8 09:54:52 CEST 2009

Yes, you can use Heartbeat to trigger failover to the slave when using
replication. There's a number of articles on the topic. Google 'mysql
replication heartbeat'. BTW...you can certainly use two dissimilar
systems for a MySQL/DRBD/Heartbeat cluster, but you won't have the same
performance as if the systems were identical. For home use this may not
be an issue. Just depends on your use case.

Christopher Grello
INetU Managed Hosting
Phone: (610) 266-7441
Toll-Free: (888) 664-6388
Fax: (610) 266-7434

Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Quick question

Can MySQL replication be used together with heartbeat?  Any good tutorials on this topic?

Thanks