[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.3.1 three nodes : Bind main DRBD resource before complete stacked resource

Fabrice LE CREURER f.lecreurer at numlog.fr
Fri Jun 5 16:38:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

We have set an 8.3.1 DRBD architecture using 3 nodes (
[A<-->B]<-Stacked->[Y] ). We have initialized first resource (A/B) and
can bind DRBD device. We cannot perform a full synchronization of the
stacked resource (Y) :

In the production mode using HA resource case, if the stacked resource
(Y) have a disk failure. We will replace it and made a full
synchronization first but we need to access ( during first stacked
synchronization ) and bind the main DRBD device before the end of
stacked synchronization !

    We have replace the disk on Y and create new meta data table.

    A> drbdadm --stacked up drbd-upper
    1: Failure: (114) Lower device is already claimed. This usually
means it is mounted.

How we can used first resources ( A-B ) and bind DRBD device without the
end of the stacked resource ?

Many thanks

--
Fabrice LE CREURER
Développement / Support technique EDTI FT-MASTER