[DRBD-user] Running drbdadm without being prompted

sa sa at yakabod.com
Fri Jun 5 11:18:15 CEST 2009

I am looking to automate the entire setup of machines that use drbd.  I am
currently using PXE booting and kickstart.  But the problem I am running
into is the drbdadm command always want to prompt:

 ==> This might destroy existing data! <==

Do you want to proceed?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm]

during the installation of the disks under drbd control.  I understand why
you would normally want this prompt, but in my case of setting up new
machines, I would like to have a '-y' option to assume 'yes'. I have not
found anyway to bypass this prompt.  Anyone know of any flags/commands/ways
to avoid being prompted to proceed?  Or if anyone has any suggestions about
how they have automated the configuration of DRBD, I wouldn't mind hearing
them.

Thanks.

JimN