[DRBD-user] frequnet crashes/reboots on a drbd/ha/xen setup

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:59:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

i am investigating why our server pairs reboot themselves from time to time.
This is very annoing because these machines are in production and i always
have to fix mysql replications or drbd splitbrains after these reboots.

We have 3 pairs that use a drbd/xen/heartbeat setup and 2 of these pairs
crash,
sometimes every 2 week sometimes only twice a year.

I first thought it could be heartbeat, but I stopped the service on 1 pair
and we also had a crash.
Are there other people who had these kind of crashes?
I dont even know if it is a crash, i never can find anything in my logfiles
about problems, or about heartbeat that does a safety reboot.

this is one drbd.conf entry:

resource drbd_backend {
  protocol C;
  startup {