[DRBD-user] local-io-error for I/O error handling strategies and handlers

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:38:10 CEST 2009

Some questions:
1)   In sample drbd.conf there is the line
 local-io-error "/usr/lib/drbd/notify-local-io-error.sh;
/usr/lib/drbd/notify-emergency-shutdown.sh; echo o >
/proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";

but with drbd 8.3.2 I don't have /usr/lib/drbd/notify-local-io-error.sh
is this intended?
What does it happen in that case if I set inside the disk section
on-io-error call-local-io-error  ?

Are the scripts/commands referred executed in sequence or does an
incorrect exit code (example first script doesn't exist) cause
anything strange?
Also in general if I concatenate "script1 ; script2; script3" inside
an action...

2) the doc page says
(http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-configure-io-error-behavior.html)
"You may reconfigure a running resource's I/O error handling strategy
by following this process:
..."

and then describes actions to be done on the secondary, switch
resource and action on the other node (now secondary0
What is the correct work flow in case of two primaries, instead?

3) at the link
http://sourceware.org/cluster/wiki/DRBD_Cookbook
I found the statement
        handlers {
                outdate-peer "/sbin/obliterate-peer.sh"; # We'll get
back to this.
        }

Does this has to be read as
         handlers {
                fence-peer "/sbin/obliterate-peer.sh"; # We'll get back to this.
        }

(obviously after putting the script with that name on the server?)

Thanks,
Gianluca