[DRBD-user] Is it possible to block the boot process until the end of sync ?

Vianney Lejeune via.lej at free.fr
Mon Jan 26 13:06:23 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a problem using DRBD 8.0.5. When a large amount of data has to
be sync between 2 nodes, it takes some time. So  the server runs some
starts up scripts (including heartbeat, I didn't manage to make it
wait after the boot process for some reasons) even if the DRBD device
isn't ready and synced.

Hence, I wonder if it's possible to make DRBD block the boot process
until the device is synced and ready ?

Regards,
Vianney