[DRBD-user] memory requirements for DRBD

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jan 26 09:36:25 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:05:27AM -0700, Sam Howard wrote:
> How do you serialize the resync?  I don't see the "group" option any more,
> which is what I used to control priority and speed of the resync.
> I'm on 8.3.0 now, and when I fire up a node that was down, _all_ devices
> start syncing, which only makes it take longer due to the underlying disk
> thrashing (is my guess).

"sync groups" became "sync after dependencies"
during the transition from DRBD 0.7 to DRBD 8.

resource huge-and-slow-but-not-so-important {
 syncer {
   after important-critical-data;
 }
}

resource important-critical-data {
}

see man drbd.conf,
and the commented example configuration file.

--
: Lars Ellenberg