[DRBD-user] Filesystem inside a XEN dom-u

Stefan Kögl koeglstefan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:55:24 CET 2009

>    meta-disk internal;
You currently have a filesystem on /dev/hda3. The above option causes
drbd to reserve some space for storing meta data, but there is no free
space on the volume (all is used by the filesystem).

Your options:
>  * use external meta data (recommended)
You use external meta data on a separate device:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/ch-internals.html#s-external-meta-data

>  * shrink that filesystem first
reduce the size of the filesystem, so that there is enough space for
the meta-data, and then enlarge the filesystem again (resize2fs)

>  * zero out the device (destroy the filesystem)
if you don't need the files one the filesystem, zero out the device
(dd), initialize drbd and then create an empty filesystem

hth,

Stefan