[DRBD-user] DRBD locks up after PingAck did not arrive in time

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jan 16 12:05:22 CET 2009

>> you _do_ use 8.2.0. where did you get that from?
>> why?
>>

> I do not remember where I got it from but I am sure I did not make it up
> myself.  Why should it not be used? Too buggy?

8.2.0 was bleeding edge in september 2007.
well, yes, 15 month worth of of bug fixes ;)

but according to:

>>> The Linux kernel version is 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5 #1 SMP Thu Oct 4
>>> 04:06:39  EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and the DRBD
>> in that case:

apparently that box got deployed back then,
and never upgraded. the current RHEL kernel
is more like 2.6.18-92.1.22 ...

consider upgradeing that too,
and check which other important updates you have missed
in the last 15 month.

--
: Lars Ellenberg