[DRBD-user] There are multiple host sections for the peer.

Michael Grant mgrant at grant.org
Sun Jan 4 12:32:03 CET 2009

I am getting this error, "There are multiple host sections for the
peer." and I don't see why.

/etc/drbd.conf:393: in resource vm1-root, on charm-local { ... } ...
on strange-local { ... }:
        There are multiple host sections for the peer.
        Maybe misspelled local host name 'strange.networkguild.org'?
/etc/drbd.conf:393: in resource vm1-root, there is no host section for
this host.
        Missing 'on strange.networkguild.org {...}' ?
/etc/drbd.conf:438: in resource vm1-swap, on charm-local { ... } ...
on strange-local { ... }:
        There are multiple host sections for the peer.
        Maybe misspelled local host name 'strange.networkguild.org'?
/etc/drbd.conf:438: in resource vm1-swap, there is no host section for
this host.
        Missing 'on strange.networkguild.org {...}' ?

uname -a
Linux strange.networkguild.org 2.6.18-6-xen-686 #1 SMP Sat Jun 7
02:07:48 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

My resource looks like this:

  on charm-local {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/test/vm1-root;
    address   10.0.0.1:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on strange-local {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/test/vm1-root;
    address   10.0.0.2:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }

note that I'm using my second ethernet interface which I named -local
and it's named that way in the hosts file as well.

Michael Grant