[DRBD-user] Using discard-zero-changes and consensus with fencing

Federico Simoncelli federico.simoncelli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:59:44 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
>> Is my analysis correct? Is there
>> something wrong in my configuration?
>
> you have _two primaries_
> the new UUID is created when connection is lost.
>
> when the connection is first re-established,
> they are both still Primary, they have diverging data sets:
> => split brain is detected.
>
> after-sb-2pri would be the setting that is used here
> (_2_ primaries, when split brain is detected)

I don't think the after-sb-2pri would be the setting used in this
situation. After the fencing, node2 boots again and the "drbdadm
adjust" and "wait-con-int" (in the init script) doesn't make it
primary until the "sh-b-pri" command which is issued later on. Am I
missing something?

--
Federico.