[DRBD-user] DRBD with Lustre

Chris Grello chris at inetu.net
Thu Feb 19 17:47:46 CET 2009

> Anyone currently using DRBD with Lustre to sale across more then 2 boxes?

I am experimenting with Lustre and DRBD, but I haven't quite nailed down the recipe yet. I'm curious what others are doing to layer them together. Assuming CentOS5 or RHEL5...it looks like there are two primary options:

1) Install the Lustre kernel from RPM and build DRBD as a kernel module against Lustre's kernel sources (kernel-lustre-source-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5_lustre.1.6.6.x86_64.rpm).

2) Patch Lustre and DRBD into your own kernel.

Any advice?

Christopher Grello
INetU Managed Hosting
Phone: (610) 266-7441