[DRBD-user] Using DRBD on existing system

Hracek, Petr petr.hracek at siemens.com
Mon Feb 16 11:15:33 CET 2009

Hello all,

I would like to ask you on the general question about using DRBD.

I have already installed system (SLES10 SP1) where is used also database
on the special
partition called /database.
This partition is LVM2 partition.
This partition is used by database engine MySQL.

Because of this partition is not replicated yet I would like to
replicate them with DRBD software.
Is it possible to configure DRBD so that /database partition will be
used for database engine after DRBD configuration?
I've made several tests and after configuration of DRBD /dev/drbd0 has
been created for corresponding partition.
/database partition has not been replicated online but /dev/drbd0  has
been replicate.
Could you please help me how to replicate already existing and used
partitions?
Is it neccessary to reconfigure MySQL database engine for using
/dev/drbd0 or can I use the existing partition?

Best regards
Petr Hracek