FW: [DRBD-user] Local IO failed. Detaching...

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 3 09:59:11 CET 2009

you know, you shoud subscribe here...
non-subscribers are usually not allowed to post.

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 09:50:43AM +0100, Max Serafini wrote:
> I tried those tests and there are no errors.  I'm not saying drbd is the
> problem, in fact I think it's not.  Why would everything work on a
> different os with the same disks and rest of hardware?
>
> Anyway, thanks for your help

you should compare kernel logs during DRBD configuration
of the working and non-working setup.

you could also try to add "no-md-flushes"
(and probably also no-disk-flushes) to your drbd configuration.

it is possible that those "disks" do not support barriers,
but do not return "-EOPNOTSUPP", as they are supposed to, but rather
error out generically ("-EIO"), or in any other way,
making it look like an IO error.

in more recent DRBD versions we do no longer care
for the exact error value of failed barrier requests,
but retry without the barrier flag set, anyways.
because of such misbehaviour.

--
: Lars Ellenberg