[DRBD-user] writing data to the physical device instead of /dev/drbd0

logyati logyati at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 19:45:24 CET 2009

Hi all :) im new to drbd
I have two nodes with the resouce opt and metadisk internal. I shrinked the
filesystem to use this kind of metadisk using resize2fs.
The primary node, opt is /dev/sda8
The secondary node, opt is /dev/sda6
what happens if i stop drbd on secondary, then on primary, and then i
dismount /dev/drbd0 on primary and then mount the real device (/dev/sda8)
and write data to it and then start drbd in both servers and mount the
/dev/drbd0 on primary? is there a chance to lose data?
I know i can restart everything from zero moving the data from primary
(/dev/sda8) to another machine and then start drbd, mount /dev/drbd0 /opt on
primary and move the files back again and let it sync, but it takes so long!
its 600 gb of data =/

ps: i dont have another disk to backup this 600GB... all i can do is to copy
over network to another machine!

please help!