[DRBD-user] DRBD Ingres issue

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Fri Dec 11 15:23:58 CET 2009

> It's easy if it's MySQL or PostgreSQL because you just move the
> database location but it's not like that with Ingres, it's treated as
> a third party software wherein the default install location is the
> /opt directory. In my case instead of the default I installed Ingres
> on the drbd partition (system files and database, it doesn't put files
> on /etc).
>
> I'm using as guide the Ingres HA cluster documentation wherein my
> shared drive is my drbd partition, the problem is I can't even get it
> to work manually much more automatically.

Well in theory, installing apps directly to the shared filesystem is
better since you _know_ you have everything you need to start the app on
the second node.

I assume you can get it up and running on the Primary node?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower