[DRBD-user] too huge dependency chain for drbd in F12?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:45:30 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com> wrote:
> On 2009-12-10 12:31, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> But it seems that kernel-land pieces are not in repository... correct?
>
> They are not. Fedora does not permit out-of-tree module packages. You'll
> have to build that yourself for F12. F13, I would guess, should have a
> 2.6.33 or later kernel where DRBD will be included.
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

Ah ok, so I see a minor value add on all of this..... apart from being
antway a first step into integration...
And supposing to use Fedora repo for userland and compiling from
source what would be the correct approach for the second part?
I see in drbd.spec for fedora userland that it is configured as
%configure \
    --with-utils \
    --without-km \
    %{?_without_udev} \
    %{?_without_xen} \
    %{?_without_pacemaker} \
    %{?_without_heartbeat} \
    %{?_with_rgmanager} \
    %{?_without_bashcompletion} \
    --with-initdir=%{_initddir}

I suppose at this point I only have to create the formerly drbd-km rpm.
What configure/make option do you suggest? Is there any --with-only-km ... ?

Thanks,
Gianluca