[DRBD-user] Resize DRBD / XFS without LVM

cosmih cosmih at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:41:55 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

Do you succeed on your XFS, on top of DRBD, growth attempt ?
I am curious on this because I also need to do a growth of my DRBD device.
Here is my setup:
1) Heartbeat standby/active over DRBD secondary/primary setup
2) DRBD 8.0.16
3) HW RAID 10 --> sda6, 350GB disk partition; sda7, 1GB disk partition
--> drbd0, DRBD device on sda6; meta-disk on sda7  --> LVM PV --> one
LVM VG --> two LVM LV --> ext3 (meaning that the DRBD device use as
its storage a disk partition and there is LVM on top of DRBD and there
is ext3 on top of LVM)
What I need ?
Basically, I need more space on DRBD device, meaning from 350GB to
450GB and I have this free space on HW RAID 10 volume.
Because the DRBD setup is used by some applications who need a very
high uptime I am interested by a solution for this growth who use the
secondary/primary feature of DRBD and the standby/active feature of
heartbeat or, at least, need a very low downtime.

I would appreciate any advices.

Thank you,
--
cosmih