[DRBD-user] What is the correct way to configure partitions for DRBD?

daniele visaggio visaggio.daniele at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:39:57 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I have two doubts about the best way to configure the low-level storage for
drbd. I searched a lot on google, but I feel I'm missing something...I have
set up two identical ext3 partitions on my Ubuntu servers for data
replication; this partitions are automatically mounted and, infact, they are
present in the relative /etc/fstab files.

My doubts:

1)  Do I need to *umount* them before installing/configuring drbd?
2)  Do I need to delete from /etc/fstab every reference to /dev/sda3 (my
sync partiton) before configuring drbd?

Thank you,

Daniele