[DRBD-user] singel node setup possible?

Michael Schumacher michael.schumacher at pamas.de
Wed Aug 12 09:39:44 CEST 2009

Nico,

on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 19:22 you wrote:

> I do this all the time when replacing a cluster.
> Haha, I am a little surprised you ask this, as you are one of my hero's
> here ;-)
> You know that before DRBD completes its sync, you already can use its
> primary...
> So what made you to be unsure about this ?

I could get it to work. The problem was that the documentation made me
believe that I would need a initial synchronization between nodes.
I couldn't find a description of the stages of initialization of the
partition. I found plenty of Howtos with step by step approach but all
of them were describing the standard "two machines available"
approach.

I volunteer to add an image/description to the documentation. Any interest?

best regards,
Michael Schumacher
----
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck