[DRBD-user] timeout

Victor Jason vctrjsn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 08:43:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

(sorry for re-posting - I'm in a jam)

I'm fairly new to DRBD.

I already configured a DRBD pair which works prefectly!

I tried configuring the "timeout" value (in the "net" section of the
drbd.conf file)  and it seems like no matter what I do I get a timeout
of approx 10
seconds. Am I doing something wrong (probably yes)?

Basically what I do is I write to the Primary and in the middle of the
IO I pull the Ethernet cable from the Secondary. I use iostat to
monitor the IO
and I see that IO resumes (locally) after 10 seconds.Reconnecting the
cable back to the Secondary initiates the synchronization (as
expected)

Attached is my drbd.conf file.

Thanks

VJ

resource mydb {
  protocol C;
  syncer                   {rate 30M;}
  device                   /dev/drbd1;
  disk                     /dev/drbd-dev/mydbdev;
  meta-disk                internal;
  startup                  {degr-wfc-timeout 120;
                            wfc-timeout 0;}
  net                      {connect-int 10;
                            ping-int 10;
                            timeout 30;}
  on SRVR1 {address   172.16.1.1:7789;}
  on SRVR2 {address   172.16.1.2:7789;}