[DRBD-user] DRBD local sync ?

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Fri Apr 24 18:46:31 CEST 2009

Unfortunately the linux LVM implementation doesn't support PV mirrors. (
every commercial unix does ... ) That's easiest way to migrate SANs
without downtime.

I believe you can add a your new san's LUN as a PV to your VG , and use
lvconvert to convert the LVs to be mirrored across the PVs, then remove
the original PVs from the the VG, lvm automatically converts them back
to linear LVs.

Daniel Bourque
Sr. Systems Engineer
WeatherData Service Inc