[DRBD-user] Temporary accessing files on a secondary node

Guillaume de Rorthais guillaume at photostockplus.com
Mon Apr 20 16:48:05 CEST 2009

Le 4/20/2009 10:25 AM, Jürgen Scholz a écrit :
> Hi!
Hi juergen,

>> The goal is mainly to read them, maybe make some changes, but NOT keep
>> track of any action on those files. The primary datas should erase back
>> on the second node after actions.
> I don't know what you're up to, but perhaps rsync could be an
> alternative easier to handle and less error prone. - It does not seem as
> if you always needed the most current data.

We already use rsync, but the data set is about 2.2Tb growing data with
a huge folder tree.
Presently, rsync is taking way too much time and load on the server,
that's why we are planing to use DRBD:
- keep an up-to-date backup server (we have today one backup per 24hours)
- reduce load on primary

And we would prefer to access accurate data if needed on the secondary
backup server.

> Cheers,
> juergen

Thanks for your answer !