[DRBD-user] Restarting DRBD after no-disk-flushes?

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Apr 16 20:43:35 CEST 2009

Raoul,

it's actually this one:

commit 5b4ed7a1c7c903a0d57819386eb98389a9cbe0ab
Author: Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner at linbit.com>
Date:   Thu Mar 12 15:44:54 2009 +0100

    Sane resync after detach on primary

    Up to now we forced a full resync after a detach on a primary node
    happened (no matter if it is caused by an administrative command,
    or by an IO error).

    Nowadays there is actually no reason to treat this worse than a crash
    of a primary node.

    When a primary crashes, we apply the AL afterwards to the bitmap.
    The same is sufficient after a forcefull detach.

This fix was included in 8.3.1.

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.

LINBIT® and DRBD® are registered trademarks of LINBIT.