[DRBD-user] Problem to install compiled RPMs after upgrade to CentOS 5.3

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Apr 1 17:58:27 CEST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:10:06 +0200, Luis Garrido
<luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> Package drbd is obsoleted by drbd82, trying to install
>> drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos.x86_64 instead
>>

> Perhaps it has to do with CentOS packages being called drbd82-*, not
> drbd-*, you could change the .spec file so the package name becomes
> drbd83.

You'd also have to add specification that drbd83 obsoletes drbd82. Or you
could do the sensible thing of building your own DRBD packages henceforth,
sticking with the sane drbd-<version> notation, and just do
rpm -Uvh --oldpackage drbd-8.3........

Gordan