[DRBD-user] transmission protocol / change without shutting down the disks

Wendell Dingus wendell at bisonline.com
Sun Sep 28 14:20:03 CEST 2008

Xen + DRBD problem... CentOS 5.2 32-bit with working 20GB shared DRBD partition.

# rpm -qf /etc/xen/scripts/block-drbd
drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
# drbdadm state r0
Primary/Primary

Works fine referencing it as a phy: device...
# grep disk domutest
disk = [ "phy:/dev/drbd0,xvda,w" ]

# xm create domutest
Using config file "./domutest".
Started domain domutest

Not so much using the DRBD supplied Xen block handler...
# grep disk domutest
disk = [ "drbd:r0,xvda,w" ]

# xm create domutest
Using config file "./domutest".
No handlers could be found for logger "xend"
Error: Disk isn't accessible

Any suggestions?
Thanks...