[DRBD-user] Resizing without active peer

Michael Rhyner michael.rhyner at stepping-stone.ch
Mon Sep 15 11:23:01 CEST 2008

Hello,

I tried to resize the volume the way you told me with a 2 TB EVMS
volume, and there was 30 GB free space that I want to add:

yesterday's kernel log:
Sep 10 11:36:13 s_kernel at filer-03 kernel: drbd2: 2052 GB (537902550
bits) marked out-of-sync by on disk bit-map.

- first disconnected the ressource with:
drbdadm disconnect r2

- resized underlying volume within EVMS by 30 GB

- then executed:
drbdadm resize r2

- then connected again:
drbdadm connect r2

dmesg:
drbd2: 2052 GB (537902550 bits) marked out-of-sync by on disk bit-map.
drbd2: Writing meta data super block now.
drbd2: conn( StandAlone -> Unconnected )
drbd2: Starting receiver thread (from drbd2_worker [28729])
drbd2: receiver (re)started
drbd2: conn( Unconnected -> WFConnection )

There doesn't seem to happen anything...

Lars, thank you anyway.

Michael Rhyner

--
Besuchen Sie uns am 24. und 25. September an der OpenExpo Messe in
Winterthur!  Mehr Informationen und kostenlose Eintrittskarten finden

stepping stone GmbH
Pappelweg 41
CH-3013 Bern

Telefon: +41 31 332 53 63