[Linux-ha-dev] Re: [DRBD-user] drbd peer outdater: higher level implementation?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Sep 15 11:09:27 CEST 2008

On 2008-09-15T10:49:15, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> if you have a true split-brain,
> and it in fact happens that both partitions pin their node as only
> possible location of the master, then later rejoin, we should have
> complementary constraints, causing both diverged datasets to be taken
> offline. that is even desirable.

No, you're overseeing something: CIBs don't get merged; one will
overwrite the other, and while it is deterministic, I'dn't want to embed
that knowledge into the RA. "Merging" is too complicated.

And the "I set a constraint on myself" is not in any way identical to "I
did something (stop|fail|fence) to the secondary." But that's really the
event the master must wait for.

Regards,
    Lars