[DRBD-user] primary on boot

Lorenzo Milesi lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it
Thu Sep 11 09:07:43 CEST 2008

Hi

I've a setup with 2 active-active nodes on debian etch, drbd 8.0.11,
hosting a samba server on the shared resource.

I often run into a problem: when ocfs2 panics one of the machine, upon
reboot drbd starts, connect, but makes the host primary only after some
time. in the meantime mountall runs and fails because the partition is
not primary! so i need to manually mount it later. can I avoid it?

here's my conf:
#/etc/drbd.conf

global {
    usage-count no;
}

resource r0 {
  protocol C;
  handlers {
    pri-on-incon-degr "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
    pri-lost-after-sb "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
    local-io-error "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
    outdate-peer "/usr/local/bin/gestisci_split_brain.sh";
  }

  startup {
    wfc-timeout 120;
    degr-wfc-timeout 120;
    become-primary-on both;
  }

  disk {
    on-io-error   detach;
    fencing	  resource-only;
  }

  net {
    allow-two-primaries;
    after-sb-0pri discard-node-file-server-2;
    after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
    after-sb-2pri disconnect;
    rr-conflict disconnect;

    timeout 600;
    connect-int 11;
    ping-int 11;
    ping-timeout 20;
  }

  syncer {
    rate 10M;
    al-extents 257;
  }

  on file-server-2 {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/md1;
    address    192.168.2.31:7788;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }

  on file-server {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sdc1;
    address   192.168.0.4:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }

}

thanks

Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
C.so E. Filiberto, 74 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 607 8199

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it