[DRBD-user] Values for syncer rate

Knight, Doug dknight at wsi.com
Wed Sep 10 21:22:56 CEST 2008

All,

I have a drbd mirrored pair managed by heartbeat via a gigabit direct
network connection between the two identical systems. The underlying
drives are a RAID 10 set of eight 15K rpm 146GB SAS drives on a battery
backed caching RAID controller (fast IO subsystem). The only other
traffic on the gigabit link is the heartbeat comms. Currently I have the
syncer rate set to 120M. Since there is little other traffic on the
link, can I up this value to get my drives to sync faster during a full
resync? When using a gigabit connection, what's the maximum realistic
value to use (knowing that I won't get a full gigabit transfer rate)?

Thanks,

Doug Knight

WSI Corp