[DRBD-user] Connection refused message

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Mon Sep 8 19:38:10 CEST 2008

I am attempting to setup DRBD for the very first time on a pair of test
systems running CentOS4.6. I created a logical volume on each system and the
"drbdadm create-md" ran successfully on both systems. But when I attempt to
attach, I get "Connection refused". I do not have the firewall running on
either system and iptables -L shows that this is the case. I am only
following the on-line documentation. Gethostbyname returns the same
hostnames that are in the drbd.conf files. I can't find any references to
this error in the documention or in the archives for this list.

# drbdadm attach r0
send() failed: Connection refused
send() failed: Connection refused

global {