[DRBD-user] nested lvm & dual primary

Colin cbex at xplornet.com
Sat Sep 6 05:35:48 CEST 2008

Well it came in to play when I had one large 'resource' configured
(Primary/Primary, if I didn't mention that yet), and I wanted to create
several 'logical volumes' on that resource, so that my multiple virtual
machines would have a defined sized box to live in.  This brought me to the
DRBD User's Guide, Chap. 10, Using GFS with DRBD.
On the page: Configuring LVM to recognize the DRBD resource, it states that
GFS uses CLVM.

This is where I was blindly following along without knowing exactly what I was
doing.  All I knew was that I needed a 'cluster-aware' filesystem like OCFS2
or GFS.

Where I got stopped was: errors creating the logical volumes, and not knowing
how to configure CLVM to work with my system.

So that is a different path than I am on now... but If it leads somewhere
where I want to be, I'm all ears!

Thanks,
Colin.