[DRBD-user] Upgrade question

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Thu Sep 4 06:32:31 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:34:02 -0400 Rob Morin wrote:
[Debian Etch Backports 8.0.7 to 8.0.13 userland upgrade]
> Can  upgrade with out any worries, or will i have to recompile the
> module, or anything else?
According to Lars when I asked the same question (8.0.11 to 8.0.12
though, how did your stuff get that dated?), running a newer userland
with an older module should be fine. Of course you can't use any of
the newer features.
But given that 8.0.7 is really old and has plenty of known and by now
fixed bugs, you own it to yourself and your data to update the module,
too.

> Also if i upgrade on machine and not on the other will this affect
> anything also?

Doing one update/machine at a time is the thing to do and the recommended
upgrade path (keeping one machine/resource available). The various 8.x
versions can all talk to each other.

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services