[DRBD-user] Heartbeat & DRBD.SplitBrain.Auto recovering

Francisco José Méndez Cirera mendezirera at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:00:03 CET 2008

I have redundant communication paths but for testing purposes I have only
one.

Use dopd is a good idea, but I have a problem with this. If the secondary
node mount the partition with "outdated data", DRBD disallows promoting and
the secondary node can´t read and write. The secondary node needs read and
write for the application.

How Can I do automatic recovering?

Now I can do with manual recovering, because always I will discard the data
of the secondary node:
   drbdadm secondary r0
   drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect r0

if not, then...

"after-sb-0p discard-younger-primary" and "after-sb-2p violently-as0". What
are the uses?

--
Francisco José Méndez Cirera
MendeZirerA at gmail.com "sin la C ni ná"