[DRBD-user] Re: xfs-problem on 2.6.27.3

Sven Geggus sven at gegg.us
Thu Oct 30 15:13:26 CET 2008

Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> there have been a few changes in the xfs code on the way to 2.6.27.

I doubt, that these are the problem, as there is no Kernel code involved at
this stage. Just mkfs.xfs, as I already said.

> you would not have time to do a git bisect, by any chance?

Unfortunately I don't have a clue as far as git is concerned :(

However I managed (I hope) to compile and use the most recent drbd
Kernelcode with git ID fff2d9d8cf866a52da5bc59368bf33263443dc68 without
success on 2.6.27.4!

I'm using the debian package with a custom kernel, so patching the drbd
module is easy for me. Patching the Userland tools would be more
complicated, that's why I didn't give 8.2.x a try yet.

Regards

Sven

--
If we want hardware to work to its full potential, we need to claim to
be a recent version of Windows. (Matthew Garrett)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web